Cassia County ex-Officio Recorder Duties
- The Recording of all County Documents, including but not limited to Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, etc.
- Maintaining microfilmed and indexed records.
- The issuance of all County marriage licenses.
- The issuance of all County alcohol licenses.
- Acceptance of all passport applications.
- Maintenance of all County records including corner perpetuations, survey plats, subdivision plats and all microfilmed documents.
- Assistance to the public with records research.
- To request certain public records, please fill out the Public Records Request form and send it to us
- Public Records Request
Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses:
- To obtain a star on your state issued ID card or Driver's License, you will need to provide the DMV with acceptable proof of any name changes. Certified copies of marriage licenses satisfy this requirement.
- We are happy to supply certified copies upon request. Certified copies are $2.00 each.
Notary Public Services:
- This service is offered free of charge.
- Please call ahead to ensure someone will be in the office who can notarize your document. Contact information can be found below.
- Before coming in, the document must be unsigned and complete with an accompanying notarization block. We cannot tell you how to fill out any legal document and we cannot provide a notary block for you.
- Please have ID ready for each person that needs to sign the document.
Public Computer Research:
- Access to the public computer and our records vault are available to the public on a limited basis.
- Priority will be given to businesses that depend on the research such as surveyors and construction workers.
- Please call or email your request for research time to ensure availability. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Genealogical Research Assistance:
- Genealogical Proof Standard - Research Process
- Find A Grave
Joseph W. Larsen
Cassia County Recorder
Phone: (208) 878-5240
Fax: (208) 878-8825