The Sheriff's Office will service all criminal and civil paper service.
Effective January 1, 2004
Phone (208) 878-2252
Civil Fax (208) 878-4475
Idaho Code 31-3203 Sheriff’s Fees
Updated Fee's 08/15/2017
- $60.00 Service and Return Fee Total
- $30.00 For serving summons and complaint
- $30.00 For serving an attachment on property or levying an execution
- $20.00 For Making and issuing a keeper’s receipt
- $20.00 For taking a bond or undertaking in any case
- $30.00 For copy of and making a return on any Writ, Process or other papers served or not served where attempts were made
- $30.00 For serving every notice, rule or order
- $10.00 For making and posting notices and advertising property for sale on attachment or execution
- $30.00 For serving a writ of possession or restitution
- Actual Cost Moving and storage expense per Writ of Possession or Restitution. Advance deposit required.
- $3.00 For holding each inquest or trial of right of Property
- $30.00 For serving a subpoena for each witness summoned
- For commissions for receiving and paying over money on execution or other process when land or personal property has been levied on and sold:
- 3% On the first $1000.00
- 2% On all sums above that amount
- But in no case of sale of real estate shall his commission exceed the sum of $100.00
- When the amount of such sale is credited on the debt and no money is transferred $100.00
- For commissions for receiving and paying over money on execution without levy, or where land or goods are not sold.
- 1.5% On the first $1,000.00
- 0.5% Over the sum of $1,000.00
- but not to exceed in any case $75.00
- The fees herein allowed for the levy of an execution, costs for advertising and percentage for making or collecting the money on execution, must be collected from the judgment debtor by virtue of such execution, in the same manner as the sum therein directed to be made.
- $20.00 For drawing and executing a sheriff’s deed
- $20.00 For executing a certificate of sale, exclusive of the filing and recording of same
- $10.00 For making every arrest in a criminal proceeding
- $1.00 For summoning each juror
- $30.00 For serving a subpoena in a criminal action or proceeding, for each witness summoned
- $00.60 For traveling to serve any summons and complaint, or any other process by which an action or proceeding is commenced, notice, rule, order, subpoena, venire, attachment on property, to levy and execution, to post notice of sale, to sell property under execution or other order of sale, or execute and order of arrest, or order for the delivery of personal property, writ of possession or restitution, to hold inquest or trial or right of property, for each mile actually and necessarily traveled for the first twenty-five miles no charge shall be allowed, and for any miles traveled over twenty-five miles, even if process is not served, the following shall be allowed, in going only
- $00.60 For traveling to execute any warrant of arrest, subpoena, venire or other process in criminal cases, or for taking a prisoner from prison, before a court or magistrate, or for taking a prisoner from the place of arrest to prison or before a court or magistrate, for each mile actually and necessarily traveled, in going only
- $00.45 For each additional prisoner taken at the same time, per mile
- For all services under the election laws, the same mileage and fees as in this chapter provided for similar services.
- $5.00 For copy of and making an interim return on a continuing garnishment to show disbursement of moneys held by the Sheriff
- $2.00 For postage and processing of each mail renewal class D driver’s license authorized pursuant to section 49-319, Idaho Code