Veterans Services Officer
PROUDLY SERVING VETERANS
The Cassia County Veterans Officer helps the county veterans receive the benefits in which they are entitled. And also help obtain the most current information.
Mission Statement :
assists veterans and their dependents in claiming benefits in which they are entitled to through State and Federal governments.
- Order original Military Discharges (DD214) or Separation Records from the National Archives.
- Assist Veterans in filing service-connected disability claims for benefits that may be payable through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Inform the Veteran's spouse, survivor or dependents concerning specific benefits to which they may be entitled and assist the individuals in obtaining these benefits.
- Schedule transportation on the DAV Van from Minidoka and Cassia County area to Boise Veteran Administration Medical Center.
- Monthly outreach conducted by Robert Smith, the State Veteran Service Officer. These are by appointment only.
Cassia County VSO
625 Fremont Avenue - Rupert, ID 83350
Monday - Thursday
For additional information, visit the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs website.