PLEASE BE ADVISED: DUE TO THE ONGOING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC AND TO MINIMIZE PERSON TO PERSON CONTACT, WE HAVE PROVIDED
A DROP BOX AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS IN THE SOUTH ENTRANCE TO THE CASSIA COUNTY COURTHOUSE THAT WILL BE CHECKED DAILY.
- A maximum of 3 people can be in the office at once. This includes children and babies. Please plan to wait in the hall until your turn, and then promptly exit when you are done.
- We will continue to record documents electronically via our e-recording provider, Simplifile. We will also continue to accept documents for recording through mail and our on-site drop box. Please remember to include payment and a stamped return envelope with your recording submissions if you are using the drop box or mail.
- If you want a document recorded in person, we encourage you to call ahead to confirm that there will be someone in the Recorder's Office that can receive and record documents at the time of submission.
- Our on-site drop box and phone messages are checked daily.
Alcoholic Beverage Licenses:
- Applications can be picked up in our office.
- Please remember to submit your completed forms with the required documentation and payment at the time of submission.
- For more information, please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses:
- To obtain a star on your state issued ID card or Driver's License, you will need to provide the DMV with acceptable proof of any name changes. Certified copies of marriage licenses satisfy this requirement.
- We are happy to supply certified copies upon request. Certified copies are $2.00 each.
- Death certificates cannot be submitted electronically. These must be mailed or delivered to the office physically.
- Death certificates cannot be returned to the submitter once recorded. The submitter will receive an affidavit of the recorded death certificate in its place.
- For more information on death certificates, like where to obtain a copy, click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Junior College Certificates of Residency:
- We will continue to accept applications through our on-site drop box, mail, email, fax, and in-person.
- For more information, please visit the page by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Marriage licenses will still be issued by appointment only.
- Appointments can be made on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm.
- Please call or email your request for an appointment. Our contact information is found below. Emails will be answered throughout the day. Phone calls will be answered when the staff is available and messages will be returned within one business day.
Notary Public Services:
- This services is offered free of charge.
- Please call ahead to ensure someone will be in the office who can notarize your document. Contact information can be found below.
- Before coming in, the document must be unsigned and complete with an accompanying notarization block. We cannot tell you how to fill out any legal document and we cannot provide a notary block for you.
- Please have ID ready for each person that needs to sign the document.
Passport Application Acceptance Services:
- Application acceptance services will continue with following restrictions:
- Passport applications will be accepted by appointment only, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Due to occupancy limitations in the office, if you have more than one child, please plan to have them wait with someone outside of the office until their turn.
- Please have all documents completed and ready to process at the time of your appointment.
- Out of courtesy to others waiting line, please call ahead or email in advance with any questions or concerns you may have regarding passports and passport services.
- Please call or email to set up an appointment. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
- As per the National Passport Agency, routine service is 10-12 weeks and expedited services are 4-6 weeks out at this time.
- If it is an emergency, you must call the National Passport Agency at 1(877) 487-2778.
- For additional information on the application acceptance process, please visit the official page by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
- For the most current information on passports, please refer to the National Passport Agency's website at www.travel.state.gov.
Public Computer Research:
- Access to the public computer and our records vault are available to the public on a limited basis.
- Priority will be given to businesses that depend on the research such as surveyors and construction workers.
- Please call or email your request for research time to ensure availability. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Joseph W. Larsen
Cassia County Recorder
Phone: (208) 878-5240 ext 288
Fax: (208) 878-8825
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Recorder's Office Requests)
Cassia County ex-Officio Recorder Duties
- The Recording of all County Documents, including but not limited to Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, etc.
- Maintaining microfilmed and indexed records.
- The issuance of all County marriage licenses.
- The issuance of all County alcohol licenses.
- Acceptance of all passport applications.
- Maintenance of all County records including corner perpetuations, survey plats, subdivision plats and all microfilmed documents.
- Assistance to the public with records research.