PLEASE BE ADVISED, DUE TO THE ONGOING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC AND TO MINIMIZE PERSON TO PERSON CONTACT, WE HAVE PROVIDED
DROP BOXES AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS OF THE SOUTH ENTRANCE TO THE CASSIA COUNTY COURTHOUSE. THAT WILL BE CHECKED DAILY.
Following Governor Little’s 21 Day stay-at-home order issued March 25, 2020, the Cassia County Recorder’s Office will begin operating as described below to allow for the safety of staff and the public while continuing to provide essential business to the community at large.
- We will continue to record documents remotely through our eRecording provider, Simplifile. All documents submitted through Simplifile will be recorded in the order that they are received.
- Documents that cannot be recorded remotely are Corner Perpetuations, Plats and Surveys, Death Certificates and DD214’s.
- Documents that cannot be recorded electronically or cannot be sent by the submitter through Simplifile must be mailed to our office or placed in our on-site drop box. As the mail is collected, recordings will be sorted by their post mark date and recorded in that order. Please remember to include payment and a stamped, self-addressed return envelope with your submission.
- Beginning April 3, after the end of the business day (5:00 p.m.) our office will not be issuing marriage licenses until further notice.
- Completed marriage licenses are being accepted for recording through post office and our on-site drop box.
- Passport Application Acceptance Services are suspended at this time.
- Junior College Certificates of Residency will continue to be accepted through our on-site drop box, post office, e-mail and fax.
- Requests for Certified Copies of Documents will be handled via postal service. Please remember to include payment and a stamped, self-addressed return envelope with your request.
- Research requests can be submitted through our on-site drop box, post and e-mail. Research cannot be done remotely and we need to maintain minimal exposure to staff and the public at our office so research will be restricted to those businesses classified as essential. As we are able, we will provide the requested information electronically but our responses to such requests may be delayed.
- Our on-site drop box and phone messages will be checked daily.
- The Recorder’s Office contact information is as follows:
- Phone - 208-878-5240, ext. 226
- Fax - 208-878-8825
- Recorder’s Office, 1459 Overland Ave, Room 105, Burley, Idaho 83318
Joseph W. Larsen
Cassia County Recorder
Phone: (208) 878-5240 ext 226
Fax: (208) 878-8825
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Recorder's Office Requests)
Cassia County ex-Officio Recorder Duties
- The Recording of all County Documents, including but not limited to Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, etc.
- Maintaining microfilmed and indexed records.
- The issuance of all County marriage licenses.
- The issuance of all County alcohol licenses.
- Acceptance of all passport applications.
- Maintenance of all County records including corner perpetuations, survey plats, subdivision plats and all microfilmed documents.
- Assistance to the public with records research.