PLEASE BE ADVISED, DUE TO THE ONGOING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC AND TO MINIMIZE PERSON TO PERSON CONTACT, WE HAVE PROVIDED
DROP BOXES AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS OF THE SOUTH ENTRANCE TO THE CASSIA COUNTY COURTHOUSE THAT WILL BE CHECKED DAILY.
In accordance with Governor Little’s Phases plan to re-open Idaho, the following adjustments have been made:
A maximum of 3 people can be in the office at a time. This number includes children and babies.
- As before, we will continue to record documents remotely through our e-Recording provider, Simplifile. We will also continue to accept documents for recording through mail and our on-site drop box.
- If you want the document recorded in person, we encourage you to call ahead to confirm that there will be someone in the Recorder's Office that can receive and record documents at the time of submission.
- Death Certificates cannot be submitted electronically. These must be mailed or delivered to the office physically.
- Death Certificates cannot be returned to the submitter once recorded. The submitter will receive an affidavit of the recorded death certificate in its place.
- Please remember to include payment and a stamped return envelope with your recording submissions if you are using the drop box or mail.
- Marriage Licenses will still be issued by appointment only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 - 11:00 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm. Please call or e-mail your request for an appointment (contact information is below). E-mails will be answered throughout the day. Phone calls will be returned within one business day.
- Passport Application Acceptance Services will resume with the following restrictions:
- Passport Applications will be accepted by appointment only, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 2:00 p.m, closing for lunch for one hour at 11:30 am.
- Due to occupancy limitations of the office, if you have more than one child, please plan to have them wait with someone outside of the office until their turn.
- Please have all documents completed and ready to process at the time of your appointment.
- Out of courtesy to others waiting in line, please call ahead or e-mail in advance with any questions or concerns you may have regarding passports and passport services.
- As per the National Passport Agency, expedited services are not available at this time. If it is an emergency, you must call them at 1-877-487-2778. Otherwise, routine time is a minimum of 14 weeks.
- For the most current information on passports, please refer to the National Passport Agency's website at www.travel.state.gov
- Junior College Certificates of Residency will continue to be accepted through our on-site drop box, post office, e-mail and fax and in person.
- Alcoholic Beverage Licenses: Applications for alcoholic beverage licenses can be picked up in our office. Our preferred method for receiving applications is through mail and the drop box. Please remember to submit your completed forms with the accompanying required documentation and payment at the time of submission.
- Certified Copies of Marriage Licenses: The Recorder's Office is happy to help supply certified copies of marriage licenses upon request. They are $2.00 each. To obtain a star on your state issued ID Card or Driver's License, you will need to provide the DMV with acceptable proof of any name changes. Certified copies satisfy this requirement.
- Notary Public Services: This service is offered free of charge. Please call ahead to ensure someone will be in the office who can notarize your document.
- The document to be signed and notarized must be complete with accompanying notarization block before coming in. We cannot tell you how to fill out any legal document and we cannot provide a notary block for you.
- Please have ID ready for those people needing to sign the document. Due to the limited number of people allowed in the office at a single time, plan to wait out in the hall until your turn and promptly exit when you are done.
- Public Computer Research: Access to the public computer and our records vault are available to the public on a limited basis. Time will be restricted to a maximum of 2 hours. Please call or e-mail your request for research time to ensure availability. Priority will be given to businesses that depend on the research such as surveyors and construction workers.
- Our on-site drop box and phone messages will be checked daily.
Joseph W. Larsen
Cassia County Recorder
Phone: (208) 878-5240 ext 226
Fax: (208) 878-8825
Email: email@example.com (Recorder's Office Requests)
Cassia County ex-Officio Recorder Duties
- The Recording of all County Documents, including but not limited to Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, Judgments, etc.
- Maintaining microfilmed and indexed records.
- The issuance of all County marriage licenses.
- The issuance of all County alcohol licenses.
- Acceptance of all passport applications.
- Maintenance of all County records including corner perpetuations, survey plats, subdivision plats and all microfilmed documents.
- Assistance to the public with records research.