General Permit Information
The minimum lot area for any dwelling unit, single- or multi-family, within the unincorporated areas of the county shall be one acre (see 9-4-2, of the Cassia County Code for exceptions)
Building Without A Permit
Penalty: It shall be unlawful to commence construction of any structure requiring the issuance of a building permit without having first obtained a building permit Failure to procure the proper permit or inspections shall also result in a monetary penalty equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the permit or inspection fee being imposed in addition to the standard fee at the time the permit or inspection is issued or performed (11-1-4 C, Cassia County Code).
Common Setback Requirements
See Cassia County Code 9-8-2 (these setbacks do not apply to subdivision lots) · Minimum Front & Street Side Setbacks (including corner lots) · 54 feet from center of the adjoining street. · Yard Rear & Interior Side Setbacks: · 15 feet (except in Industrial Commercial (IC) Zone—5 feet setback is required) · Accessory Buildings from other structures require at least 10 feet.
- Building permits are required on any one-story detached accessory structure that exceed 200 square feet in overall floor area (see 2012 IRC for exceptions)
- Building permits are required for any person, firm, or corporation desiring to construct, erect, relocate, or remodel a building covered under the terms of the International Building Code as adopted by the county (11-1-4, Cassia County Code)
- Manufactured/Mobile Homes require a placement permit prior to installation and must meet HUD requirements if manufactured prior to June 15, 1976 (9-9-4 L, Cassia County Code; Title 44, Chapter 25 Idaho Code)
- Agricultural Siting Permits are issued on all structures designed and constructed to house farm implements, hay, grain, poultry, livestock or other horticultural products.
- If structure used for any purpose other than to house farm implements, hay, grain, poultry, livestock or other horticultural products a building permit is required.
- Agricultural buildings shall not be places of human habitation or a place of employment where agricultural products are processed, treated or packaged; nor shall it be a place used by the public (9-2-2, Cassia County Code)
INSPECTIONS REQUIRED BY BUILDING INSPECTOR
Request for inspections must be given at least six (6) business hours in advance.
✔ Rough Framing
✔ Wall Board/Gypsum Board
✔ Project/Energy FINAL
✔ Block & Tie-Down
For Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC Inspections & Permits
Idaho Dept. of Building Safety online: http://dbs.idaho.gov/permits
Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC: 1-800-955-3044
Inspection Request Line: 1-800-839-9239