Public Property Information Access Site, https://proptax.cassiacounty.org/
Tax Relief Programs:
Home Owners Exemption:
Homeowner’s Exemption is a program that reduces taxable assessed value on Owner-occupied homes . This means lower taxes for those who qualify. To qualify you must own a home that is your primary residence. Also you may qualify if you are under contract to buy a home and it is your primary residence. To apply for this program, please visit the property division in the Assessor’s Office.
Property Tax Reduction (Formally Circuit Breaker):
Property Tax Reduction is a Program that reduces property taxes for qualified applicants. To qualify you must own & live in home, have income of $ $31,280 or less AND meet one or more of the following:
- Age 65 or older
- Fatherless or motherless child under 18 years old
- Former prisoner of war/hostage
- Veteran with 10% or more service-connected disability or receiving a
- Veteran receiving pension from VA for non-service connected disability
- Disables as recognized by the Social Security Administration, Railroad Retirement Board or Federal Civil Service if you’re not covered by the listed agencies, then disabled as recognized by a public.
You must apply for Property Tax Reduction EVERY year. Please come into the property division in the Assessor’s office to apply.
Idaho law requires that all taxable property be assessed at market value. An appraiser from the county Assessor’s Office must visit your property at least once every five years to assess your property.
In the Assessor’s office, we strive to be fair on everyone’s assessed property. If you have questions about your assessed value, please come into the Assessor’s Office. We are very willing to explain what your assessed value is and how we assess your property.